Aqua Fitness at the ASB Aquatic Centre is a range of water-based group fitness classes. There is a variety of classes to suit all levels and abilities.
AQUA MELLOW - Beginners to Moderate
A 45 minute low impact class mainly in the shallow, focusing on increasing cardiovascular fitness, strength and flexibility. Ideal for thosenew to aqua fitness, senior citizens and pre & post natal.
AQUA FIT - Moderate to Hard
This 45 minute, interval training based class is excellent as a cross-training alternative to land-based classes. Low impact exercises in the deep water to increase fitness, strength and flexibility.
AQUA INTENSE - Hard
This is a 45 minute class of deep water exercises designed to increase cardiovascular fitness as well as strenght and flexibility using equipment such as noodles and dumbbells, to add variety to your workout.
- Tones and shapes your muscles
- Burns fat
- Develops bones and muscle strength
- Improves cardiovascular and muscle fitness
- Promotes circulation and relaxation
- Low or no impact - get the same workout without putting stress on your joints
- Full body conditioning with the cushioning effect of the water
- Resistance of the water enhances toning and shaping of your muscles
- Water reduces excess body heat to create a cool, comfortable work-out environment
- Quick post class recovery
"I have found the Aqua Fitness programme offered at the ASB Aquatic and Fitness Centre to be the best form of therapy I have tried. Following an accident, I have now regained strength and flexibility in my arms and shoulders. It is, however, the overall focus on exercising the 'whole body' (including the mind) that makes classes special and challenging. The experienced instructors cater for everyone and the sessions they offer are a fun way to keep flexible and fit" - Gaylene
"The Wednesday night Aqua Pump is a great way to get an all over body workout. The extra challenge of using dumb bells or noodles with the resistance of the water works my upper body. This combined with the cardio interval sets means I get resistance and cardio training in one session" - Sharon