Our School Holiday Programmes is a fun, safe, caring and organised environment in a location convenient to you. We are CYFS and Oscar approved with funding available.
Chill Out School Holiday Programme Parent Information
The programme aims to provide a safe and stimulating programme that caters for the children’s different ages, gender and cultural backgrounds while attempting to meet the individual needs and interests. The safety of the children is the paramount consideration during programme provision.
School Holiday Fees:
Fees for the School Holiday Programme vary from day to day and will depend on the activities for each day. If your child is not attending the Holiday Programme on a day they are booked in for, you must notify the Franklin Sport Swim & Fitness by 8am on the day or full charges will apply.
All fees are paid directly to Franklin Sport Swim & Fitness Centre. It is our preference that a regular Direct Credit Payment be set up however Cash, Cheque or Eftpos can be paid via reception at Franklin Sport Swim & Fitness.
Our School Holiday Programme operates during the weeks of the primary school holidays, normal operating hours are between 9.00am – 3.00pm with Before Care starting at 8am and After Care finishing at 6pm. After School Care will not operate on Public Holidays. See reception for more information.
Before a child can attend, an enrolment form must be completed in full and ALL rules and regulations must be thoroughly read and understood. If the applicant does not understand any of the rules or regulations they will be advised to consult a member of the Franklin Sport Swim & Fitness team for further verification.
All information on enrolment forms is collected and will be used in cases of an emergency. No information is shared except with the owner’s permission or as required by legislation e.g. health and safety act. All files holding confidential information will be secured and kept away from unauthorised persons.
If a parent has a complaint about a staff member or the programme they should:
- Approach the supervisor who will attempt to rectify the situation.
- If the parent is still unhappy they should then contact the Programme Coordinator. The Programme Coordinator can be contacted in the first instance.
- Further complaints must be made in writing and must contain details of the grievance and desired outcomes. Management will respond to the complaint within 14 days. Where possible, a mutually agreeable outcome will be sought. The Programme Coordinator will keep Management informed of all verbal complaints. Wherever possible the requests of parents will be incorporated into the programme planning and design.
Children with special needs
Franklin Sports Swim & Fitness Chill Out School Holiday Programme cater for children with special needs. This is provided once the Programme Coordinator is confident that the child’s need’s can be met without negatively affecting the other children.
Full information about the child’s requirements including medication, diet and supervision, must be provided by the parent/caregiver’s at the time of enrolment. If the child requires further special aids, other than those already provided i.e. modified facilities, extra staff or staff training, management will make final approval on enrolment. Each case will be considered individually and every effort will be made to include the child within the Programme.
If a child with special needs is accepted into the programme the following guidelines will apply:
- The child will be buddied up with another programme participant to help a smooth transition into the programme.
- The child will be monitored initially on a daily basis and a weekly basis thereafter. This will ensure that the child’s needs are being met.
- Strategies for dealing with behaviour issues will be discussed with the parent on enrolment and procedures put in place for staff to follow should the need arise. All strategies must be agreed upon with the parents and the parents must be informed of any issues.
For more information please contact reception on (09) 238 5240 or email email@example.com