Lessons for 5 year olds and up
A chance for your child to develop water confidence and safety skills in the water.
Our program enhances the skill development from confidence in the water and to swimming freestyle, backstroke and introduction to breast stroke
Lessons develop through the key areas of swimming and child and continually reinforcing basic skills and developing new ones. The key areas are Floating, Kicking, Arms, Breathing and then putting the stroke together
There are 5 levels to our School Age Program:
- Kicker – working on submersion, floating and kicking
- Paddler – Working on arm strokes
- Breather – Working on the breathing position and rotation
- Swimmers – Putting the arms and breathing together and increasing distances
- Development – Putting together all previous knowledge and to prepare the learner for entry into Squad level swimming (30 min lessons)
In all these levels, focus is on the freestyle and backstroke. Breaststroke kick is also introduced at the breather level, with arms and legs at the swimmer level.
Water safety, confidence and awareness is also a key concept, with questioning consistently happening in the classes
Lessons run for 25 minutes once a week during the school term and you are welcome to stay and socialize in the pool after the lessons.