Aquatics Team Leader
We are looking for an Aquatics Team Leader to lead the team of aquatics staff at the Whangārei Aquatic Centre. This role requires a motivated, professional individual whom is keen to lead and drive the aquatics teams to deliver exceptional safety standards for all patrons.
The role reports to the Regional and Facility Manager, and will have both Supervisors and Lifeguards as direct reports. Therefore, experience in effectively motivating and engaging a team of staff is required. This role requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The role is full time and is based around the opening hours of the facility, and therefore the role may require you to work early morning, late shifts and weekend work. Flexibility in this role is key to ensure that the facilities are being lifeguarded to the highest possible standard. A key focus for this role is the ability to follow systems and procedures correctly and the ability to lead all team members to do the same.
Our ideal candidate will therefore:
- Hold the appropriate lifeguarding qualifications;
- First Aid qualified;
- Previous aquatics management and staff management experience;
- Water treatment qualification would be advantageous however full training will be provided;
- Enjoy being part of a team, and demonstrates the ability to effectively lead a team;
- Be honest, friendly, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Communication skills are essential and should be an area of strength;
- Ability to lead a team and ensure all staff are engaged and motivated;
- The ability to follow systems and procedures;
- Strong focus on Health & Safety;
- Confident swimmer;
- Experience dealing with conflicts or problem resolution;
- Must love customer service and dealing with the public.
Relevant qualifications in this area would be advantageous, however training can be provided some the role.
If you are a team player and enjoy an exciting work environment please apply via this listing with your current CV and Cover Letter.
Application period closes Wednesday 15th July 2020.