Swim Instructor & Lifeguard
Sacred Heart CLM is looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join aquatics team at Scared Heart Aquatic Centre. The roles available are unique as they combine key roles of swim instructor, lifeguard and customer service duties into one.
Located within the grounds of Sacred Heart College the facility includes a 25m lap pool, 20m teaching pool and outdoor 33m lap pool. The facility hosts year round water polo games and training, local school sports days and is home to SwimMagic Swim School.
The role is part time and can range from 20 – 30 hours depending on applicants preference/availability. These roles require weekday and weekend work.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Lifeguard duties – pool testing, H&S, lifeguard watch;
- Customer Service – taking bookings, cash management, customer enquiries:
- Swim instruction – to teach preschool and primary children to swim using our SwimMagic techniques, provide cover for swim instructors;
- Coffee making & minor café duties;
- Assist in creating a fun and safe environment;
- Provide assistance to the public on busy days when Water Polo training / tournaments are held or Schools have their sports days at the centre;
- Ensure facility is kept clean and tidy at all times.
Skills and attributes required for the role:
- Customer Service experience;
- Lifeguard PPL Certificate – each applicant will be required to complete a pool test of 200m swim in 6 minutes or less, tread water 5 minutes, dive to bottom of 2m pool to gain as part of their training;
- First Aid Skills;
- Swim instructor training (training can be provided)
- Passion for children and the water;
- Strong communication skills;
- Must be a team player, motivated to succeed and enjoy a challenge;
- Swimming Pool Water Treatment Certificate would be advantageous;
The ideal candidate is motivated and positive, can work autonomously. As you may at times be the key person at the centre it is essential you have a friendly and welcoming personality and enjoy interacting with the public. You must be professional and knowledgeable in your role.
How to apply
If you enjoy the aquatic Industry, working outside and an exciting work environment please apply in writing with a covering letter and CV to Alisha at firstname.lastname@example.org using REF: SacredHeart-LG/SS
Applications close Wednesday 20th March 2019