KiwiSport is a national initiative that aims to get more school aged children playing organised sport. The three main objectives of KiwiSport are:
- More Kids: Increase the number of school aged children playing organised sport
- More Opportunities: Increase the availability and accessibility of sport for school aged children
- Better Skills: Support children in developing skills that will allow them to participate effectively in sport throughout school and beyond.
KiwiSport Funding Streams:
1. Counties Manukau Fast Fund
Apply to this fund if the intended project is to be delivered in the Counties Manukau area and you are applying for funding worth $5000 or less. For more information and to apply for the Counties Manukau Fast Fund click here.
2. Counties Manukau Local Community Fund
Apply to this fund if the intended project is to be delivered in the Counties Manukau area and you are applying for funding worth more than $5000. For More information and to apply for the Counties Manukau Local Community Fund click here.
3. Auckland Regional KiwiSport Fund
The Auckland Regional KiwiSport Fund is contestable and distributed by Aktive. This investment is to support regional and/or national sport organisations for projects/initiatives that can provide new or increased opportunities of organised sport for children aged 5-18 across the Auckland Region. The Auckland Regional KiwiSport Fund supports projects that operate in more than one of the four local Regional Sport Trust's (RST) area. To be considered as a regional project, the application must demonstrate how the project intends to deliver across two or more of the local RST areas. For more information and to apply for the Auckland Regional KiwiSport Fund click here.