Sector development in a shutdown!
03 April 2020
At CLM Community Sport we pride ourselves for being at the heart of our Community! In these unsettling times, your community becomes more important than ever before.
We would like to share some hot tips and links for your information. The types of discussions points you may need to be considering are:
1. Do you have paid staff that will be affected? Have you got a plan in place? By now you should have enlisted with the Governments employment subsidy, see https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/products/a-z-benefits/covid-19-support.html#null
2. What expenses does the club have that can be put on hold or reduced during this period?
3. Communication. Get something out to your members. Even if you don’t have all the answers, just an email to update and tell them you will get back in due course as things become clearer. Keeping people informed will ease the number of questions and rumours.
Hot tips for those with clubrooms:
- Contact utility providers to learn of your clubs ability to stop / minimise utilities costs especially if lockdown is four weeks or longer. Don’t forget your subscription to Sky TV, and take into account the re-connection fee.
- Turn off your water mains if this is appropriate to do. This could also identify if you have any leaks at your facility.
- Put signs up on doors and windows to inform “NO cash or alcohol within the facility”
- Check on committee members and other volunteers to ensure they are settled with their individual scenarios during lockdown
- Consider a basic roster where committee members / other volunteers include walks around your clubroom to keep an eye on it every day (only if they can do this whilst sticking to the Isolation Rules i.e live locally)
- Log into the Auckland Council Call Centre any concerns you see with facility or fields during lockdown, so they can be addressed as soon as lockdown ends, https://ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/pages/contact-us/ or phone 09 301 0101
- Do you need to think about your security lighting, perhaps you might need more security?
- You may need to connect with your clothing and other suppliers to see when you’re going to get your next supplies
The New Normal
Over the coming weeks we at CLM Community Sport will be in regular contact by online and other means to facilitate engagement with our Clubs and Organizations during this period of self-isolation. Who knows? We may even find that these means prove to be best employed, even in post Coronavirus times, to supplement the strength of our face to face engagement that is a hallmark of our success thus far? Watch this space!
In the meantime, should you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of the Sector Development team at any time.
Daniel Cork Sector Development Manager
Mangere-Otahuhu, Otara-Papatoetoe and Manurewa Local Boards email@example.com
Jamie Archibald Sector Development Manager
Papakura and Franklin Local Boards firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Myks Coaching Development Manager email@example.com
Doug Campbell Club Development Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Squire Sector Development Advisor email@example.com
Victoria Pone Community Sport Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to Sport New Zealand:
Recreation is a resilient business, this is a time to rethink how we are doing things and how we can come up with some creative ways to move forward. We are here to Help!