Play it Safe
Keeping our communities safe during Level 2 is at the forefront of our minds. To ensure we do this we have developed the following policies for Freyberg Community Pool.
During Level 2 all visitors to the facility will be required to complete the mandatory contact tracing by scanning the QR code. This will be available to scan as you enter the facility. If you don’t have a device to scan you will be required to report to the reception desk, where a staff member will record your details for you.
All customers are required to maintain 2 metre physical distance from others at all times.
Mask wearing is mandatory for everyone over the age of 12 for entering and exiting our facility and in all dry areas. It is not mandatory to wear a mask on poolside or while exercising, however, feel free to if you wish.
All Visit Pass and SwimMagic card holders will be required to scan both the Government QR Code and their membership tag at reception on arrival, this needs to be presented to our team so they can verify it has been done.
To ensure a safe environment for all our customers and staff, please follow directions and guidelines from our facility staff.
Services closed or amended
- Lane swimming - 4 swimmers per lane
- Aqua jogging available
- Aqua classes - capacity reduced to maximum of 20 and 2m physical distancing in place throughout these classes
- 1 parent/guardian per swim school swimmer
- Inflatable aquarun, rope swing & tubes not available
- Changing room use limited - come ready to swim & shower/change at home
Restrictions will be in place therefore numbers will be limited, we encourage you to book to avoid disappointment however walk-ins can come through if we have space available. We will be offering one-hour time slots for you to swim in order to allow as many people as possible to have the opportunity to leisure swim and wristbands may be used to assist us in tracking what time customers arrived for their swim.
What to expect:
- Masks need to be worn when you arrive at the facility, it can be taken off once you go through to poolside. When you have finished please put your mask on before you leave poolside to exit.
- You must scan in for contact tracing or have our team log you on the manual record; contact tracing is a requirement to gain entry therefore once you scan in please keep the confirmation / tick on your phone and show it at reception.
- Enjoy your swim, please ensure you maintain distancing of 2m between yourself and others (that are not within your group)
The below times are when leisure swimming will be available; there will be times where group bookings fill some leisure swimming time slots however we will be doing our best to accommodate as many people as we can within the restrictions to keep everyone safe.
- Weekdays 8am-11am and 2pm-3.15pm
- Weekends 1pm-6pm