- What is Aqua Fitness?
- What are the benefits of Aqua Fitness?
- What makes Aqua Fitness different?
- Aqua Fitness Timetable
- Aqua Fitness Prices
Aqua Fitness at the Richmond Aquatic Centre is a range of water-based group fitness classes. There is a variety of classes to suit all levels and abilities.
Hydrotherapy Pool Classes
$6 Casual or 10 x Concession $55 (Concession valid for 12months from purchase date)
These low-impact 30min classes help to increase mobility, strength, flexibility, coordination and fitness. Classes are specially designed for those who suffer from arthritis, joint and circulation problems, or have limited mobility. Hydro Aqua classes are held in our warm hydrotherapy pool. Work at an intensity that suits you while still enjoying the warmth of a hydrotherapy environment. This class is targeted at people who want to work a little harder, but are not quite ready for the step up to a 45min class or are unable to work comfortably in cooler water
A very gentle 45 min class for those with arthritis and/or joint and mobility issues. This 45min class is taken in our warm Hydrotherapy Pool consists of slow and light exercises and will assist in gaining strength and joint mobility.
Lane Pool Classes
$9 Casual or 10 x Concession $75 (Concession valid for 12months from purchase date)
A 45 minute low impact class mainly in the shallow, focusing on increasing cardiovascular fitness, strength and flexibility. Ideal for those new to aqua fitness, senior citizens and pre & post natal women, this class is held in our 25m lane pool.
This 45 minute, interval training based class is excellent as a cross-training alternative to land-based classes. Low impact exercises in the deep water of our 25m lane pool to increase fitness, strength and flexibility.
Aqua Fitness Prices
- Lane Pool Casual Class - $9
- Lane Pool10 Visit Concession Card - $75
- Hydro & Relief Casual Class - $6 Casual
- Hydro & Relief Concession 10 visit- $55
- Aqua Classes are free for Fitness Centre members
- Tones and shapes your muscles
- Burns fat
- Develops bones and muscle strength
- Improves cardiovascular and muscle fitness
- Promotes circulation and relaxation
- Low or no impact - get the same workout without putting stress on your joints
- Full body conditioning with the cushioning effect of the water
- Resistance of the water enhances toning and shaping of your muscles
- Water reduces excess body heat to create a cool, comfortable work-out environment
- Quick post class recovery
"I have found the Aqua Fitness programme offered at the Aquatic and Fitness Centre to be the best form of therapy I have tried. Following an accident, I have now regained strength and flexibility in my arms and shoulders. It is, however, the overall focus on exercising the 'whole body' (including the mind) that makes classes special and challenging. The experienced instructors cater for everyone and the sessions they offer are a fun way to keep flexible and fit" - Gaylene
"The Tuesday night Aqua class is a great way to get an all over body workout. The extra challenge of using dumb bells or noodles with the resistance of the water works my upper body. This combined with the cardio interval sets means I get resistance and cardio training in one session" - Sharon