- What is Aqua Fitness?
- What are the benefits of Aqua Fitness?
- What makes Aqua Fitness different?
- Aqua Fitness Timetable
- Aqua Fitness Prices
Aqua Fitness at the Richmond Aquatic Centre is a range of water-based group fitness classes. There is a variety of classes to suit all levels and abilities.
Aqua 30 - Hydrotherapy
2 Classes - Thursdays 8am & 8:30am
if you're looking for something a little more diverse than your basic hydrotherapy pool based aqua class, then this 30min class could be for you. Come and work at an intensity that suits you while still enjoying the warmth of a hydrotherapy environment. This class is targeted at people who want to work a little harder, but are not quite ready for the step up to a 45min class or are unable to work comfortably in cooler water.
AQUA RELIEF - Arthritis Group
Monday 10am & Friday 12pm
A 45 min class for those with arthritis and/or joint and mobility issues. This class is taken in our warm Hydrotherapy Pool and will assist in gaining strength and joint mobility. Classes are on Mondays at 10am and Fridays at 12pm, the cost for Aqua Relief is $6 or a 10 visit Aqua Relief concession is $55.
LEGENDS AQUA - Beginners to Moderate
Wednesday 9:00am & Friday 8:30am
A 45 minute low impact class mainly in the shallow, focusing on increasing cardiovascular fitness, strength and flexibility. Ideal for those new to aqua fitness, senior citizens and pre & post natal.
AQUA FIT - Moderate to Hard
Monday 8:30am, Tuesday & Thursday 9am & Wednesday 6pm
This 45 minute, interval training based class is excellent as a cross-training alternative to land-based classes. Low impact exercises in the deep water to increase fitness, strength and flexibility.
Aqua Fitness Prices
- Casual Class - $9
- 10 Visit Concession Card - $75
- Aqua Relief - $6 Casual
- Aqua Relief Concession 10 visit- $55
- Aqua Classes are free for Fitness Centre members
- Tones and shapes your muscles
- Burns fat
- Develops bones and muscle strength
- Improves cardiovascular and muscle fitness
- Promotes circulation and relaxation
- Low or no impact - get the same workout without putting stress on your joints
- Full body conditioning with the cushioning effect of the water
- Resistance of the water enhances toning and shaping of your muscles
- Water reduces excess body heat to create a cool, comfortable work-out environment
- Quick post class recovery
"I have found the Aqua Fitness programme offered at the Aquatic and Fitness Centre to be the best form of therapy I have tried. Following an accident, I have now regained strength and flexibility in my arms and shoulders. It is, however, the overall focus on exercising the 'whole body' (including the mind) that makes classes special and challenging. The experienced instructors cater for everyone and the sessions they offer are a fun way to keep flexible and fit" - Gaylene
"The Tuesday night Aqua class is a great way to get an all over body workout. The extra challenge of using dumb bells or noodles with the resistance of the water works my upper body. This combined with the cardio interval sets means I get resistance and cardio training in one session" - Sharon