Richmond Aquatic Centre at Level 2
During level 2 all visitors to the facility will be required to complete contact tracing and maintain 1 meter physical distancing from others and staff at all times.
There will be a number of changes to the way we operate in level 2, so before making your usual visit to the facility please read on below.
There will be limits on our pools during level 2
- Lane Pool – maximum 7 swimmers per lane
- Hydrotherapy pool – maximum 15 swimmers (Hydro classes maximum 20 swimmers)
- Spas open 8 people maximum each spa (30 minutes maximum spa time)
- Tots pool open – maximum 20 people
- No Wave Raves during level 2
- Where possible please shower and change at home
- Sauna – maximum 5 per sauna – Bookings required for the sauna, these open 48 hours in advance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wave Pool – Maximum 40 swimmers – No Waves or hire goods available in level 2
Group Fitness & Aqua Class information
Group Fitness & Aqua Classes will be reduced in numbers to maintain physical distancing throughout the facility.
All classes will require bookings, booking will open 24 hours in advance for all classes and can be made via emailing email@example.com please refrain from calling for bookings as we will be experiencing a high volume of calls.
You will receive a reply email to confirm you are booked in. If you have not had a reply please do not turn up for the class.
- Group fitness class capacity reduced to 20
- Aqua Aerobics class capacity reduced to as follows:
Hydro Pool Classes
- Maximum of 20 per class
- Shallow End Classes -Maximum of 15 per class
- Deep End Classes - Maximum 25 per class
Swimming lessons will be running as per normal, instructors will maintain physical distancing were possible.
There will be no stay and play before and after lessons in the leisure pools, please arrive for your lesson ready to swim. There is a limit of 1 spectator/parent assistant per each student swimming.
Where possible please shower and change at home
All members must bring their own towel.
If you are participating in a class please ensure you bring your own mat.
Please ensure you bring a large drink bottle, water fountains are not accessible during Level 2.
When arriving for your class you need to swipe in at reception, head through the fitness centre where staff will direct you to the back door, participants will need to line up outside the room the 1m distancing rules, you will be invited into the room by the instructor when they are ready for you to come in.
Poolside Café open for takeaways only.
To ensure a safe environment for all our customers and staff please follow directions and guidelines from our facility staff.
Swimming and water safety education
Tasman District Council supporting swimming and water safety education.
Swim School Holiday Lessons
Group holiday intensive & one on one private lessons. 4th October-8th October and 11th October-15th October.