Rules and Guidelines for ALL Pool users
All rules are to be followed at all times whilst using the complex, if these are not followed you may be asked to leave.
- The lifeguards/Pool Staff are in charge at all times, please listen to them and follow any instructions given.
- No child under 8yrs will be allowed entry to the swimming pool unless they are supervised by an adult or caregiver over the age of 16yrs. Supervised means the child is watched at all times by the adult/caregiver, if this does not happen the staff reserve the right to ask the child to leave.
- NO CARGO SHORTS, NO DENIM SHORTS, NO BOXERS, NO UNDERWEAR and NO T-SHIRTS are to be worn in the pool.
- NO RUNNING around the pool.
- NO BOMBING in the shallow end of the big pool or in the little pool.
- NO SMOKING inside the complex.
- All children who are NOT toilet trained MUST wear swim pants, NAPPIES and NUDITY ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. Swim pants are available from reception for $2.50.
- NO CARS are to be driven in or left within the complex fences, you may ask to use the gate to unload cars but all vehicles must leave the complex grounds for the duration of the booking.
- Vehicles may NOT PARK in the driveway leading up to the gate, this is our emergency access and must be left clear AT ALL TIMES.
Hiring out the complex
Hiring out the entire complex is dependant on the number of people in the booking and is at the discretion of the staff; otherwise the complex will still be open to the public during the times of your booking. (Exclusive use is available Saturday and Sunday between 11 am and 1 pm only)
Making a booking
The booking must be received 3 weeks prior to the date of the booking either by phone or in person, and must be confirmed on the morning of the booking. Click here to fill out the booking form.
Cancellation of bookings
Cancellations must be received by the pool complex no later than a week prior to the booking date, if this fails to happen you will be charged 25% of the total booking fee, as a cancellation fee.
Payments for one off bookings will be accepted by cheque (made payable to Waitomo District Council) in cash, or EFTPOS at the complex. Payment must be received either prior to or the day of the booking. We can raise invoices on block bookings but this will be done at the end of each month and must be paid by the 20th of the following month.
Although we encourage people to bring their own equipment such as flippers, snorkels, tube tyres, boogie boards etc, we will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of these items. We ask also that these not be used as floatation aids for less confident or non-swimmers, as often they end up going out of their depth and unless properly supervised they could end up in trouble as they can tip off boards or out of rings etc.