Northland is an awesome environment with some of the most beautiful beaches and warmest weather in New Zealand. But easy access to water comes at a cost - in 2016, 17 lives were lost in preventable drownings in the Northland Region.
Water safety is a Crucial skill for Northlanders.
Whangarei Aquatic Centre offers water safety courses that can be tailored to the particular requirements of your schools, sports or community groups. We offer:
- Safe boat programmes - includes boat safety, tows and throws, life jackets, rips and currents.
- Programme is 2 hours and cost is $10 per person all ages over 5 years old.
- Booking between 9am and 3pm Monday to Friday.
- School term only, weekend by request only.
- All students will receive a certificate on completion of this programme.